ForesTrust is the ABCFP's registered charity. It works to create endowments at post-secondary institutions in British Columbia. Income earned on these endowments is used to grant scholarships and bursaries to forestry students – the future of the forestry profession.
ForesTrust oversees 10 endowments at eight post-secondary institutions in British Columbia.
British Columbia Institute of Technology
Wayne Cochrane Memorial Award
- Awarded to a student enrolled in the forestry option of the renewable resources program for first year achievement who is intending to pursue registration with the ABCFP.
College of New Caledonia
ABCFP Natural Resources Studies Scholarship
- Awarded to a student with a minimum 3.0 GPA who is planning to continue in an ABCFP accredited program and has demonstrated financial need.
ABCFP Forestry Resources Technology Bursary - Awarded to a student with a minimum 3.0 GPA who is planning to continue in an ABCFP accredited program and has demonstrated financial need.
- Awarded to a student entering the second year of the forestry technology program intending to pursue registration with the ABCFP.
Thompson Rivers University
- Awarded to a fourth-year student in the natural resource science program who is intending to pursue registration with the ABCFP.
The University of British Columbia
- Awarded to a student entering the second year of the forest resources management program who exhibits a combination of academic and extracurricular involvement.
Association of BC Forest Professionals Sustainable Forest Management Prize
- Awarded to a student enrolled in the Master of Sustainable Forest Management (MSFM) program with an aptitude for professional forest land management, scholastic ability, leadership potential, and the intention to enroll with the Association of BC Forest Professionals.
Two graduating prizes are also available.
The University of British Columbia Okanagan
- Awarded to students who have completed one or more years of full-time study and will be continuing in full-time study in the forest resource management program. Awards are given to students who exhibit a combination of academic achievement and extracurricular involvement.
University of Northern British Columbia
ABCFP Award for Excellence
- Awarded to a forestry student (second, third or fourth year) in the natural resources management program who illustrates excellence in academic achievement and student involvement.
ABCFP Bursary - Awarded to a third or fourth year student in the natural resource and environment program (majoring in forestry) who demonstrates financial need. Upon meeting these criteria, selection is based on academic achievement (two prizes available).
Vancouver Island University
- Awarded to a second-year student in the forest resources technology program who is intending to pursue registration with the ABCFP.
To Apply for a Scholarship
Contact the individual institutions directly to find out more information about available scholarships and bursaries, criteria, application procedures and deadlines.
How You Can - Support the Cause
You can help fund the education of forestry students in several ways:
Make a Cash Donation
Donations to ForesTrust are tax deductible and can be made by cheque, money order, Visa or MasterCard. Monthly contributions, donations made in memory of a member and charitable bequests can also be arranged. To donate, fill out the ForesTrust Pledge Form
Donate to the Silent Auction
ForesTrust holds a silent auction during the ABCFP forestry conference and annual general meeting. In 2016, the auction raised over $5,000. You can contribute by donating an item to ForesTrust or by bidding at the auction. Visit the Silent Auction
page for more information on donating.